Saturday, June 11, 2016

How to Get Super White Pancakes in Pancake Art

Hi Friends!

One of the questions I get often on my YouTube channel is, how do I get my white color in pancake art soooo...white? So, I thought I would answer this question today because there are a few different factors that effect pancake art colors.


  • First of all, it's important to check if your griddle has old, leftover sticky oil residue. Sometimes there's nothing you can do about getting this off, other than washing it really good. Still, it's a good idea to check your griddle.


  • If your griddle is old and the nonstick coating is wearing off, this can effect your pretty pancake colors.


  • Consider buying a new pancake griddle if the above two factors are true for you. Check out my pancake tips page to see the griddle that I'm currently using.



  • You don't need to add any white food coloring to get a nice white color (yes there is white food coloring!). Some pancake mixes are not very white. The one I use is very white so check out my pancake tips page if you'd like to buy the same one.


  • Set your griddle for 200 degrees. Any hotter than that, and you risk browning your pancakes too much and ruining the pretty white color.


  • Don't let your pancake cook for too long on your griddle. This can also brown your pancake. When you notice that your pancake starts to bubble, and loose it shine, flip it.



This was a tiny chicken pancake. See how small it is next to the fork?!! Want to make these pancake art chickens? Check out my video below:



Have you ever made white pancake art designs? How did it go for you? Tell me in the comments below...

Blessings,
Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment